NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: International Family Entertainment, Inc., dba ABC Family Channel, 3800 W. Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505.
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Hothouse, Inc., 621 North Avenue NE, Suite A-100, Atlanta, GA 30308, an independent judging organization whose deci sions are final and binding with respect to this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes is being conducted during the period commencing at 12:00:01 A.M., November 20, 2012 and ending at 11:59:59 P.M., December 26, 2012 (“Term”), in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“Territory”), in sweepstakes of two (2) categories:  a maximum of a combined three-hundred Local Sweepstakes (“Local Sweepstakes”): Tier 1: a maximum of one hundred and fifty (150) Local Sweepstakes and Tier 2: a maximum of one hundred and fifty (150) Local Sweepstakes and  one (1) National Sweepstakes (all individually and collectively, “The Sweepstakes”). For purposes of conducting The Sweepstakes, Sponsor will designate within the Territory:  each of certain retail locations, service locations or other venues as an “Agency,”  each Agency’s local marketing area “Sub-Territory” and  each Agency’s identification as a Local Agency or a National Agency. Some Agencies may have more than one location. See Section 8 below for instructions on how to obtain further details about each Agency. Each Local Sweepstakes will be conducted by a Local Agency and the National Sweepstakes will be conducted by National Agencies, all for prizes and in the multiples described in Section 4 below. For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), the term “Entries” shall mean individually and collectively all Entries for Local and National Sweepstakes, and all times and dates listed are Pacific Time.You may enter The Sweepstakes as follows:
- (A) LOCAL SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: You may enter a Local Sweepstakes as follows:
- (1) FORM ENTRY: Entry may be accomplished by completing and depositing a Form Entry in the entry box available at each Local Agency during its normal business hours. All Form Entries must be deposited by close of business at that Agency on December 26, 2012.
- (2) ONLINE ENTRY: A Local Agency may offer an option for an Online Entry (not all Agencies will offer this option). Where available, entrants (“Entrants”) may enter online by logging onto that Agency’s website and following entry instructions displayed thereon. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by each Entrant’s online service will be applied. All Online Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., December 26, 2012.
- (3) PHONE ENTRY: A Local Agency may offer an option of Phone Entry by setting up a toll free telephone number (“Number”) for call-in entries (not all Agencies will offer this option). Where available, the Number will be shown on that Agency’s promotional spots for The Sweepstakes on cable TV; and callers who call the Number will be requested to verbally provide certain entry information. All such information must be provided in English and must be clearly audible. All Phone Entries must be received by December 26, 2012. Check with your Local Agency for the hours of operation for its telephone system.
- (B) NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: All eligible Local Sweepstakes Entries will automatically be also entered in the National Sweepstakes. In addition, a National Entry may be accomplished through each National Agency as follows:
- (1) FORM ENTRY: Entry may be accomplished by completing and depositing a Form Entry in the entry box available at each National Agency during its normal business hours. All Form Entries must be deposited by close of business at the Agency on December 26, 2012.
- (2) ONLINE ENTRY: A National Agency may offer an option for an Online Entry (not all Agencies will offer this option). Where available, entrants (“Entrants”) may enter online by logging onto www.25daysofchristmassweeps.com and following entry instructions displayed thereon. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by each Entrant’s online service will be applied. All Online Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., December 26, 2012.
- (3) MAIL ENTRY: Entry may be accomplished by hand printing your full name, street address, city, state and zip code (no P.O. Boxes), home phone number, birth date and name of your National Agency on a 3” x 5” card and mailing it inside a hand-addressed, stamped business size (#10) envelope to: 25 Days of Christmas Sweepstakes 2012, P.O. Box 5869, Atlanta, GA 30307. All Mail Entries must be postmarked by December 26, 2012 and received by January 8, 2013.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
ONE (1) NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE (“National Prize”): The National Prize is one (1) check for $25,000 (ARV: $25,000). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winners’ responsibility.
THREE-HUNDRED (300) LOCAL SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: There is a maximum of three-hundred (300) Local Agencies that may participate in their own Local Sweepstakes, each with its own entry pool and Local Tier Prize. The actual number of Local Tier Prizes awarded will depend on the number of Local Agencies that hold their own Local Sweepstakes. The Local Tier Prize is the local agency’s choice of one (1) of the following ten (10) prizes depending on which tier of prizing they have been placed into (which is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor):
- (A) TIER 1: A MAXIMUM OF ONE-HUNDRED AND FIFTY (150) LOCAL PRIZES (“Tier 1 Prize”) :  At Home Bundle: All Floors Vacuum Cleaner, 10 Pc Stainless Cookware Set and $100 Gift Card (ARV: $750);  51" 3D HDTV (ARV: $750);  64 GB Tablet (ARV: $750);  Family Gaming Bundle: Gaming System, 32" HDTV, and $100 Gift Card (ARV: $750);  Natural Gas Grill (ARV: $750).
- (B) TIER 2: A MAXIMUM OF ONE-HUNDRED AND FIFTY (150) LOCAL PRIZES (“Tier 2 Prize”):  Music Bundle: High-Definition Head phones, 2 GB MP3 Player and $50 Gift Card (ARV: $350);  E-Reader Bundle: E-Reader Tablet and $100 Gift Card (ARV: $350);  Foosball Table (ARV: $350);  Digital Camera Bundle: Digital Camera and $50 Gift Card (ARV: $350);  Kitchen Bundle: 12 Pc. Bake ware Set and Utensil Set (ARV: $350).
Total maximum ARV of all Local Prizes: $165,000. All terms and conditions of the gift card apply.
Total maximum ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes: $190,000.
5. LIMITATIONS: Limit of one (1) Local Entry for all Local Sweepstakes per person/household/family, regardless of method of Entry; and limit of one (1) National Entry per person/household/family, regardless of method of Entry for the National Sweepstakes. Any use of automated program methods for Online Entry in The Sweepstakes is prohibited. No facsimile or mechanically reproduced Form Entries are allowed. The Local Sweepstakes is open only to persons who legally reside, and are physically located, within the applicable Sub-Territory of Entry and who are 21 years of age or older as of November 20, 2012; the National Sweepstakes is open only to persons who legally reside, and are physically located, within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia ("Territory"), and who are 21 years of age or older as of November 20, 2012. All valid Entries in Local Sweepstakes will automatically be entered in the National Sweepstakes. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, each of the Agencies, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors and sales representatives, and the advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies of each of them (individually and collectively, "Entities") and members of their immediate families and households are ineligible. Neither the Entities nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries that are from persons residing, or physically located, outside their applicable Sub-Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, invalid, late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, fraudulent, illegible, interrupted, mutilated, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, postage-due, tampered with, stolen, unauthorized or unintelligible; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering; insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail; or other errors of any kind, whether due to any electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries are ineligible and will be disqualified. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are not transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed before March 29, 2013, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed Prizes awarded. Limit one Prize in The Sweepstakes per person/family/household. No substitutions allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a Prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
6. PROCEDURES: On or about January 25, 2013, in a random drawing under the supervision of the Administrator, the following winner will be selected: one (1) winner for the National Sweepstakes from all eligible Entries received for the National Sweepstakes. On or about February 4, 2013, in a random drawing under the supervision of the Administrator, the following winners will be selected: one (1) winner for each Local Sweepstakes from all eligible Entries received for that Sweepstakes (a maximum total of three hundred (300) winners). Odds of winning the National Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for the National Sweepstakes, which also includes all valid Entries for all Local Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Local Tier 1 Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for the applicable Local Tier 1 Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Local Tier 2 Prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received for the applicable Local Tier 2 Sweepstakes.
8. IDENTITY LIST: For a list describing and designating:  each Agency,  each Agency's Sub-Territory and  Local and National Agencies, write to: 25 Days of Christmas Sweepstakes 2012 Lists, c/o Hothouse, Inc., 621 North Avenue NE, Suite A-100, Atlanta, GA 30308.
Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by e-mail, mail, or telephone ("Initial Notification") on or about January 27, 2013. Potential Local Prize Winners will receive Initial Notification beginning on or about February 6, 2013. If a potential winner doesn't respond to Initial Notification within forty-eight (48) hours ("Initial Response") of transmission, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner and select an alternate winner. Upon receipt of Initial Response, the potential Grand Prize Winner and the Tier 1 potential winners will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release which requires execution and return within five (5) days after date of mailing. This document will require potential winner to include social security number as well as provide proof of identity. Disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to respond to Initial Notification with an Initial Response within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;  the return of any notification or prize as undeliverable;  potential winner's failure to provide Administrator with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of an E-mail address associated with a winning Online Entry;  potential Grand Prize or Tier 1 winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release (which requires, as stated above, that the potential winner include social security number as well as proof of identity) within five (5) days from the date of mailing;  potential winner's failure to validly claim a prize within five (5) days after being sent;  potential winner's failure to validly claim a prize by March 29, 2013 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. There will be three (3) attempts to secure a Local Prize Winner in each Local Agency's Sub Territory, and if no response is received, the prize will not be awarded in this Sweepstakes. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the prize value provided the prize value exceeds $600. For list of winners (after March 5, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the name of the Agency from which you secured the entry, to: 25 Days of Christmas Sweepstakes 2012 Winners, P.O. Box 5869, Atlanta, GA 30307. For a copy of the Official Rules (before December 26, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 25 Days of Christmas Sweepstakes 2012 Rules, P.O. Box 5869, Atlanta, GA 30307. VT residents may omit return postage.
By entering The Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize won, each Entrant agrees, represents and warrants that:  he/she will abide by and be bound by the Rules and Administrator's decisions;  the Entry becomes solely the Sponsor's property and will not be acknowledged or returned;  the Releasees are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of any Prize; participation in The Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information;  the Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose); the Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Sweepstakes or prizes;  winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes the grant to Sponsor and assigns of an unconditional right to use winner's name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law;  in the event of viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, corrupt, prevent or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, except where prohibited by law, the Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Rules or to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes; and in such event, to select winners by such method as Sponsor in its sole discretion shall consider equitable;  the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Rules, selection and announcement of the winners and distribution of the Prizes;  any portion of any Prize not accepted by any winner will be forfeited and  the Releasees are not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason;  Sponsor has the right to disqualify any individual found to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or an Agency's website; (b) violating the Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any property or service related to The Sweepstakes; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or for any other good cause as determined solely by the Sponsor;  Sponsor has the right to lock out an Entrant whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes;  since any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, Sponsor shall have the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law and  any dispute that arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of the Rules shall be resolved by applying the laws of California in an action brought in the state or federal courts located within that state.